I started implementing this blog January, and thought I’d have it ready in a couple of weeks. That’s why the title of this first post kinda make sense. Ok, May it is.
This is a big year for me, both professionally and personally, and I wanted to have a space where I can share all what’s happening. More than anything, this is and will be a year in which I’m learning a lot. My idea is to share all those learnings in this blog.
Let’s make a ToDo list now, and we’ll see next December how I did.
Start a blog…
- …and try to improve my skills as a technical writer.
- Donate more to the authors of small open source projects I use (ie: Plugin authors, etc.). I’m making a living using their tools, after all.
- Get better using the console for non-trivial tasks. I’ll write a lot about this in the next couple weeks.
- Start publishing open source code, and collaborating with other open source projects.
- Add unit testing and acceptance testing to my workflow. Both for my public code and my contract work.
- Get involved in the WordPress Theme Reviewers Team. Reviewing themes is good for the community, but also is a great for learning.
- Make this blog responsive
- And most important of all… be a good dad. We’ll find out about that after June.